Friday, April 13, 2018

Getting the Bug Back!!

Many have wondered whether I dropped off the face of the writer's planet ... and I kinda did. I lost my drive to write when my grandmother passed in 2016. I have been trying so very hard to get it back, but most of me died the day she passed. It took me a long time to process all the loss in my life. My family and I aren't close ... there is no secret there. I try to keep from airing most of my differences, but I am finally beginning to feel myself again. I have done major changes in my diet, as well as completely restructuring my circles.

Everyday I feel just a little more normal ... whatever normal is. I am starting to miss school again ... starting to miss writing ... starting to miss blogging  ... all the things that used to be "me" ...


The first step I'm taking is getting my fingers on the keyboard again. I am not quite ready to dive in and pay for a domain just yet, but I am definitely ready to start building my site up. I think I finally have a direction I want to take my blog and I would love to see it be great again. However, I want to also restart my novels. I was becoming very close to a wonderful man and he made me feel again ... he helped me remember that there was life and it was worth it. More importantly, however, he wanted to get me writing again. I lost this man on April 9, 2018. Honestly, I am still processing everything but the fact he wanted me to write again has stuck with me. I have been blessed in many ways this week ... but getting the drive to write again has been the biggest blessing.

So, before I sign off of my blog and social world and dive into my writing ... let me try to explain the direction I want to take this blog.

  • Bring awareness to mental health - I have battled depression ... I have battled anxiety ... I have had suicide affect my life. This area is probably one of my biggest passions and one that I will be talking about often.
  • Physical health journey - I think talking about my physical health needs is probably going to be the ONLY way I can remain on track with my needs. Talking about it makes me accountable for my life.
  • Eventually ... travel - It is STILL my goal to travel. I want so badly to jump in my car and drive. I love traveling by myself ... but there are some places that I dream about traveling with someone else.
  • POSSIBLY .... my art - I miss cross-stitching and I am working to get my house back into a place where I have a crafting area. It would be a dream to start cross-stitching again and talk about it on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment