Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Life as I know it

Well, I see it's been about a year since I have written ... this is my new life. Life as I know it has changed. I am a single mother of a teenager that battles a lot of HARD emotional disorders and it leaves me questioning my choices each and every day. I have been working around the clock and it's affecting my ability to be a good mom, a good friend, and a good person to myself. I have lost who I once was. Now, I don't know whether that is bad or good, but I do know that there are things that have GOT to change.


My health is becoming, once again, a very paramount part of how I need to live. I don't sleep well and I am sure that is because I smoke and I work all the time. I am horrible about the way I eat so while this is not a new year's resolution, I do plan on trying to make a fresh start. I am going to start bringing food to work so I am eating healthy instead of just not eating at all while working. I am easily stressed and I am positive that my lack of sleep and diet is completely the cause. While I don't plan on going cold turkey on smoking, I do plan on cutting back. I am smoking nearly a pack a day and so I plan on starting there. Last time I blogged, I mentioned that had very high white blood cell counts. This was corrected when I changed my diet. I will be using other bloggers to assist me with my diet changes so I plan on just adding links when I talk about my menu or meals. I take ZERO claims of originality because I am completely dumb when it comes to food.

Work is a source of discontent with many in my house. It affects my ability to spend time with friends, family, as well as foster any sort of a relationship. I battle anxiety/depression and if I want to move up, I have got to get a handle on my temper, mouth, and patience. Since restarting at McDonald's, I have taken zero days to myself until this week, and recently have been working over 60 hours a week. My first step is to breathe. I have spent money this week on myself and my coworkers noticed the change at work. It's amazing how transparent I really am. I wear my heart on my sleeve and want nothing more than to be a friend to all those I work with. I have huge goals at work, but I have to start with me first. To be a leader, I have to be a good example. People have more faith in me than I do, so that is where I need to start ... faith in myself.

1 comment: