Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Brrrrrr!!

Goodness gracious it is cold here in Kansas, but from what I am reading, the entire nation is suffering right along side with me. I didn't have to work today so I told my ex-husband I would take care of the little girls. I have had the best 24 hours with my children. Learning to love and laugh again is not an easy process, but it has been great for my mental health and physical well being.

I got the girls last night and started planning for the day. I took a friend home from work so he wouldn't have to walk, and got home to two sleeping girls. Snuggling with them on cold nights warms the soul completely. It also helped me start today off on the right foot with everyone waking up together. Almost like my life was complete again. We had a small breakfast, but since my son came over to join us, we decided to have a big lunch. It was not until 1:30pm when we ate, but it was great. The girls loved it and Chloe bird even had seconds of my egg scramble.


We put on some music and laughed until our sides hurt. Mother Nature ... you may bring your cold wind and snowy blasts, but I will look at you and smile, knowing that you cannot touch the fire in my heart that burns for my family.




1 comment: