Monday, January 28, 2019

Baby steps to a better future

Well, I am not completely back into the swing of writing every day, but I am taking baby steps. Baby steps to a better blog is right in lines with my baby steps to a better future on the whole. This week was the first week that I didn't take meal breaks with no food. I made my lunches and then took them to work to eat while on the clock. I am absolutely in love with the blog, Cotter Crunch.


This is a take on her recipe for the Bok Choy Chicken Salad. It makes 2 16 ounce jars. I decided to edit it a bit for my taste. I really don't like cabbage that well, so I went with collard greens because I needed them for another recipe this week. I also absolutely love fresh beets softened so I added a half beet to each jar. I was concerned that it wouldn't fill me up when I filled the jar because it's only 16 ounces. As you can see from the picture above though, it makes a pretty good filling. The container I used is the ones we use for biscuits and gravy at McDonald's.


This is what it looks like in the jar. It fits in the hand AND in my coat. But better yet, it does not take up much room in our little fridge in the basement of our store. This is definitely going to be an avenue I take more often. I used the balsamic vinaigrette from work for the dressing and was able to stay healthy while in a world of unhealthy eating habits.

I am starting to look at other options because I have ingredients for things at work, so I am learning how to make lunches and ring in manager meals using the other items so I can continue my healthy eating habits. Unfortunately, it sure hasn't helped me sleep any better, but ... baby steps.

In addition to eating healthier, I have started to care about my outer appearance. People say don't let others judge you ... well let me tell you, that is SO much easier said than done. However, I have noticed that my overall mood is SO much better when I feel good about how I look! So, I am working on not caring what others think, but I have taken time to look better for myself. I bought a couple coats at Torrid with their clearance sale (buy 1 item, get 2 free). I absolutely love them. I also purchased 3 new shirts for work that are comfortable and I feel like I look more professional having better fitting clothes. I also went to Lush and got a sample for a new shampoo (definitely buying it this week). It is called Curly Wurly and it is coconut based. I love the way my hair feels and my body loves the organic products.


I am preparing to plan for my Blogging A to Z during April and we will see if this will be the first year I make it clear thru. Again ... I will be happy with what I can accomplish because ... baby steps.

1 comment: