Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Negative, I am a meat popsicle

Goodness, gracious it is COLD outside! Yesterday, neither my daughter nor I got hungry until nearly 11pm, but it was not hard to not want to get out and just buy dinner instead of cooking. Winter gave us a good whallop again yesterday bringing ice for several hours and then a nice layering of snow.


To battle this frigid weather, I made my daughter a hot cup of coffee and pan fried a swordfish steak to serve with pasta. While this is not gluten free, it was a far cry better than my normal go to of just ordering pizza to be delivered.

The picture above is what my parking lot looked like this morning. I was already prepared with a small container of yogurt (the only dairy my body seems to tolerate at all) and a jar of Superfood Overnight Oatmeal. I chose frozen blueberries instead of fresh because it is the middle of winter and fresh berries are hard to come by. I didn't feel like it was quite sweet enough for my taste (probably because I use an unsweetened coconut milk) so I added a touch of real honey from a local farm here in town.

Tonight's meal is a Mexican avocado egg salad served in collard green wraps. However, before I get to start the meal prep ... I have to brave the frigid weather for a run to the gas station for a few items I forgot yesterday.


No comments:

Post a Comment